YOUTH CLUB IS . . .
a midweek program of fellowship and Christian education designed and dedicated to meet the continuing needs of our children from Kindergarten to the 6th grade.
an environment that encourages the children to:
- build positive relationships
- interact with a caring staff
- grow in faith
- develop strategies to "live what we learn" by applying Biblical lessons to
- to provide service opportunities for our members and community
YOUTH CLUB'S PURPOSE IS . . . .
- to provide a place for our children to develop Christian friendships.
- to learn how to allow God to be part of our everyday lives.
- to assist in the children's continuous growth as a part of God's family.
- to provide a place to learn to serve God by giving of our time and talent.
WHY ATTEND YOUTH CLUB?
- Because... in addition to the usual Christian education programs, Youth Club meets other needs of our children
- Because... we want to equip our children to cope with the challenges they face each day.
- Because... it's too much fun to miss!
- Because... we believe the
provided by the church and volunteers that make this program successful, are worthwhile and will provide something exciting for these children.
Snacks are offered each week to the children. The kitchen staff works to coordinate the snack with the theme of the week. We ask that you participate by donating $5 per semester or $10 for the year. This allows for the kitchen staff to purchase items that require early preparation. If you prefer, you may also have the option of bringing in a specific snack item. An envelope is provided for your donation.
YOUTH CLUB GUIDELINES
- We treat others with respect and consideration.
- We take care of the church's property and the property of others.
- We keep our hands, feet and objects to ourselves.
- We participate in all planned activities of the group.
- We attend as many of the special activities as we are able.
Parents - please review these and reinforce their importance with your child. By working together, we will make this year a rewarding one. Please make the staff aware of any special needs your child may have. A reoccurring problem may result in a call to you.
WHAT CAN PARENTS TO DO TO HELP?
The Youth Club program is run completely by volunteers. We need not only the teachers who come each Wednesday evening, but also others who are willing to donate their time and talent to this program.
You may help by:
- Being a driver for a special activity.
- Helping with or providing snacks.
- Assisting with special activities.
- Assisting with parties.
- Making costumes for our musical.
- Car-pooling with another family.
- Praying for our children.
- Teach, assist a teacher, or substitute.
Please consider being a "helping hand" to our children and the Youth club program. Call the church office (863-5910) if you would like to serve in any way.
- Arrival time is between 5:45 and 6:00 PM. This is to ensure the staff is there
to supervise the children.
- Dismissal time is 8:00 PM. We meet in the social room for announcements,
prayer and then dismissal.
- NO CHILD WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE CHURCH UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
- Due to the level of traffic in the parking lot, please do NOT ask your child
to meet you at the car.
- Cancellation Youth Club will be cancelled "IF" the Norwin Schools are
cancelled or have an early dismissal due to weather conditions.